Its surprise to know that the salaries and allowances of MLCs are on par with Elected MLAs. Elected MLCs can become Chief Minister or cabinet Ministers or Chief Wips. Thefollowing beniefits are available for elected MLCs.
- 30,000 km Train Travel Free across India
- Base Salary Rs. 2500
- Constituency Allowance: Rs.5000
- Travel Convenience Allowance: 5000
- Contingance Allowance: 1500
- Telephone allowance: 8000
- Security Car Allowance: 15000
- Accommodation Allowance: 3000
- Medial allowance: 3000
- Daily allowance Rs. 300 if MLC attends council meetings or official meetings
- Advance to buy Vehicle: 2.5 Lakhs
- Computer/Laptop Allowance: Rs.89000 provided if u pay 17,250 intial payment.
- Upto 1 Lakh rupees reimbursement if MLC goes for a heart/kidney/cancer/neuro surgery
- Free Stationery
- Personal Assistant(PA)
- Rs.10000 for furniture allowance if you stay in MLA/MLC quarters
- Gun Met facility upto 8 people depending on security threat.
- Retirement benifits after MLC Tunure expires
I am not sure how many of you know all above but i am reall surprised to see the expendature incurred by Government for the elected MLA's/MLCs .